Wellness Program, Determining the Return on Investment
Our non-profit client is an affiliate sponsored by five large, multi-national corporations.
Our client’s wellness programs cover approximately 200,000 participants throughout the U.S.
Our goal for our client is to standardize the measurement of the ROI (Return on Investment) for a variety of healthcare wellness programs.
The Business Challenges
- Wellness programs have been touted as a “solution” for the rapid escalation of healthcare costs in this country
- Intuitively, it makes sense that a healthier workforce will lead to lower healthcare costs (and, perhaps, other employment costs)
- Wellness vendors are eager to provide clients with ROI calculations that “prove” the value of their programs
- Vendor ROI calculations are tainted with the potential for a conflict of interest
- Other organizations seek to calculate ROI, but without the scientific rigor and consistency that the topic demands
- Standardize wellness ROI methodology
The Touchstone Solution
- Develop a methodology for calculating wellness ROI that will stand up to scientific scrutiny
- Create a statistically significant data base that will produce credible results
- Create a vehicle through which any plan sponsor can assess its own wellness plan and explore the efficacy of adding new wellness components
- Maintenance of a significant, multi-year claims data base covering many types of wellness initiatives
- Standardization of ROI methodology and calculation
- Delivery of annual wellness ROI reports to member organizations
- On-line wellness modeling software available to member plan sponsors
- Proof of positive ROI for member wellness programs
We Listen, Analyze, find Solutions and Partner for Action…. That’s the Touchstone Approach.