Acquisition Solutions for Small Business
Our client maintains a fully-insured comprehensive benefits program for 120 active employees that reside primarily in three states in the Midwest.
The Business Challenge
- Business acquisition required employee benefits due diligence analysis for purchase of 100 employee subsidiary “target” group within 30 days of project start date
- New plan design required at comparable cost for target group on acquisition date with no disruption
The Touchstone Solution
- Assembled data from disparate sources necessary to complete the project
- Developed a comprehensive migration plan for each employee benefit option, detailing costs and implications of each option within the 30 day project timeline
- Analyzed potential legal “pitfalls” including gaps in coverage
- Negotiated contracts with benefit vendors and solidified proposals for acceptable benefits
- Worked with vendors to implement each plan coverage and enrolled target employees within 60 days from the project start date
- A comparable and competitive benefits programs was rolled out on the acquisition date with no disruption
- Client was able to take over target company on acquisition date with no business interruption
- Costs for comparable coverage were lower than pre-acquisition costs
- Upon renewal of the benefits, a 0% renewal increase was negotiated with the medical vendor
We Listen, Analyze, find Solutions and Partner for Action…. That’s the Touchstone Approach.