COMPLIANCE GUIDANCE ON INDIVIDUAL HEALTH ACCOUNTS
As plan sponsors plan for their next enrollment period, more and more are relying on individual health account offerings to ease the burden of rising costs and the uncertainty regarding health coverage regulations. The 6-page article on HRAs may be especially helpful for small employers who have been considering whether this would be an appropriate addition to their benefits package.
- Compliance Bulletin: IRS Announces HSA / HDHP Limits for 2018 #146400
- Compliance Overview: Qualified Small Employers HRAs #146792
ACA COMPLIANCE UPDATES
While federal regulation of health care coverage continues to evolve, we’ll keep you advised of the latest developments, whether regarding the Affordable Care Act or any final decisions on its replacement.
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Affordability Percentages Will Decrease for 2018 #151187
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Audit Reveals Pay or Play Enforcement Issues #150820
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: House Republicans Pass Amended AHCA #148865
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Online Enrollment to End in Shop Exchanges #151259
- Benefits Buzz, June 2017: #146341
- AHCA Passes House
- Pre-Existing Conditions under ACA
ARTICLES FOR EMPLOYEES
These items are written for general employee audiences. They intend to help the average employee better appreciate their benefits by explaining some basic concepts.
- Know Your Benefits: Reference-based Pricing #150951
- Know Your Benefits: Specialty Drug Benefits Overview #150863
HUMAN RESOURCES AND WELLNESS UPDATES
Here are several items that might be of interest to staff who handle HR and wellness functions. The 10-page Compliance Overview on LOAs provides a good source for reviewing your policies in light of complex compliance issues; it can also provide a quick background for supervisors who need to understand the seriousness of following LOA policies. Some of the other articles can serve as inserts for employee newsletters.
- Compliance Overview: Employee Leaves of Absence – General Compliance Rules #151031
- Compliance Bulletin: House Passes Changes to Overtime Rules #151363
- HR Brief: June 2017 #146370
- Only one-third of Employees are Engaged at Work
- Prevent a PR Crisis from Turning Into a PR Disaster
- Live Well, Work Well – June 2017: #146273
- Shop for Seasonal Produce This Summer
- Tick and Tick-borne Disease Season is Here
- National Fireworks Safety Month: June 1 to July 4
STATE EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATES
This month’s offerings on local laws include recordkeeping requirements in Indiana and Missouri. In addition, we provide spreadsheets to help walk your employees through the costs of Medicare-covered procedures for 5 states. These multi-tab Excel spreadsheets give CMS information on average covered charges and average Medicare payments for inpatient and outpatient services by procedure, provider, and location.
- Employer Recordkeeping Requirements – Indiana #151125
- Employer Recordkeeping Requirements – Missouri #150678
- Medicare Cost Comparison Tool – California #151184
- Medicare Cost Comparison Tool – New York #151183
- Medicare Cost Comparison Tool – Pennsylvania #151275
- Medicare Cost Comparison Tool – Texas #151185
- Medicare Cost Comparison Tool – Wisconsin #151181