FEDERAL REGULATION OF HEALTH PLANS
Touchstone will keep you advised as to developments in federal government actions on employer-provided health care, insurance mandates, and the marketplace. As we await further developments on proposed changes, this bulletin will provide a better sense of what the Senators are now working from.
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Senate Releases Draft ACA Replacement Bill #146408
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ASSISTANCE
No matter what changes will be made in your organization’s health plan over the coming months, it is important to support employees in their efforts live a healthier life. The following provide ideas on topics ranging from stress relievers and diet tips to reminders of the cost benefits of urgent care facilities and the use of a flexible spending account.
- InfoGraphic: 7 Ways to Reduce Workplace Stress #152204
- InfoGraphic: Cost Comparison: ER vs. Urgent Care #151926
- Know Your Benefits: The Importance of Establishing a Relationship with Your Doctor #152306
- Know Your Benefits: Advantages of an FSA #152176
- Eat Well, Live Well: Recipe Book (33 pages) #151556
- Live Well, Work Well: Botulism #152322
- Live Well, Work Well Newsletter – July 2017: #146274
- Do You Know Seizure First Aid?
- Simple Summer Activities Your Kids are Sure to Love
- Grilling Safety Reminders for Your Summer BBQ
There are only a few articles related to benefit plan compliance this month. We hope that Congress will soon make it more clear on how to proceed with your plans!
- ACA Overview: What if the Employer Mandate is Repealed? #151707
- Compliance Bulletin: Supreme Court Rules Church-Affiliated Plans are Exempt from ERISA #152287
HUMAN RESOURCES UPDATES
This month brings a few updates for HR pros on recent changes in the Department of Labor’s overtime rule, as well as it’s guidance on complying with certain regulations.
- Compliance Bulletin: DOL Withdraws Joint Employment Guidance #152179
- Compliance Bulletin: DOL Withdraws Worker Classification Guidance #152234
- HR Insights: Youth Workers #152522
- Employee Work from Home Guide #152572
- HR Brief: #146371
- What You Need to Know: House Passes Changes to Overtime Rules
- Do You Keep Your Employee Handbook Up to Date?
- Benefits Buzz, July 2016: #146342
- What Happens if the ACA Employer Mandate is Repealed?
- House Passes Changes to DOL Overtime Rule
STATE EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATES
Three new Excel spreadsheets for comparing Medicare costs (Iowa, Nebraska and North Carolina) as well as a full update on Louisiana Workers Compensation law.
- Iowa Medicare Cost Comparison Tool #151909
- Louisiana Workers Compensation:
- Nebraska Medicare Cost Comparison Tool #151913
- North Carolina Medicare Cost Comparison Tool #151603