BENEFIT SURVEYS AND BENCHMARKING STUDIES
Here are several just-released surveys and studies to help you consider how your organization’s benefits line-up with the competition and best-practices. These provide substantial information that can support your decisions for moving forward with plan adjustments for the upcoming year.
- 2017 Survey Results: Employee Benefits (45 pages) #149910
- 15th Annual MetLife Study of Employee Benefits Trends (76 pages) #150256
- 2016 21st Annual Willis Towers Watson Best Practices in Health Care Employer Survey (36 pages) #150654
- Annual Report on Self-Insured Group Health Plans: Report to Congress from the Department of Labor (17 pages) #149899
IS YOUR ORGANIZATION AT RISK FOR NON-COMPLIANCE?
These simple scorecards can be used to judge how your organization is complying with certain critical regulatory requirements and keeping health care costs under control.
- Organization Health Care Costs Scorecard #150538
- HIPAA Compliance Scorecard #150542
- DOL Audit Scorecard #150314
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ASSISTANCE
This month’s articles include a 5-page review of the tax implications of wellness program rewards. Also offered is a 3-page checklist of questions that you should ask of vendors being considered for providing wellness services — including current vendors who expect to renew their contracts with you.
- Workplace Wellness Vendor Questionnaire #150543
- Compliance Overview: Taxability of Wellness Plan Rewards #150547
- Live Well, Work Well – May 2017: #146272
- Spring Allergy Alleviation
- A Breath of Fresh Air
- Age Well in the Workplace
- Critical Health Checks for Workers Over 50
While uncertainty remains in how the federal government will continue to impact employer-sponsored health plans, you should stay alert to recent guidance.
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Future of Certain ACA Taxes and Fees #146407
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Market Stabilization Rule Finalized #148819
- Compliance Bulletin: Court Rules Title VII Prohibits Sexual Orientation Discrimination #150347
- Benefits Buzz, May 2017: ACA Replacement Bill Withdrawn, Now What? #146340
MISCELLANEOUS BENEFITS NOTES
These articles cover a variety of benefit management topics.
- Benefits Insights: Referenced Based Pricing #150042
- Benefits Insights: Hospital Indemnity Coverage #150552
- Know Your Benefits: Hospital Indemnity Coverage #150553
- Benefits Buzz, May 2017:Cost-saving Strategy – Generic Drugs #146340
- Infographic: 5 Reasons Why Your HDHP Will Fail #150545
- HealthLeaders Media FactFile: Hospital Performance #150208
HUMAN RESOURCES UPDATES
The popular HR Toolkit series adds 2 items this month, covering social media and company culture.
- HR Toolkit: Company Culture (12 pages) #150422
- HR Toolkit: Social Media Toolkit (56 pages) #150425
- HR Brief: May 2017: #146369
- EEOC to Maintain Its Bipartisan Enforcement Plan
- Trump’s Secretary of Labor Nominee Questioned on Overtime Rule
STATE EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATES
Two articles were added in the past month, both consider New York state laws related to cybersecurity.
- New York Cybersecurity Law – Cybersecurity Program Rules #150324
- New York Cybersecurity Law – Covered Entity Responsibilities #150325