THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION AND ACA COMPLIANCE
The new administration has quickly started to dismantle the Affordable Care Act and related regulations. As requirements for health plans are being revised, it is important for benefit managers and HR professionals to stay informed and prepared. Count on Touchstone for reliable information and assistance with appropriate changes to your health and wellness programs.
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Trump Signs Executive Order on the ACA #147861
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Congress Clears Path for ACA Repeal #145326
HEALTH REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNTS FOR SMALL EMPLOYERS
As we noted in our January newsletter, the 21st Century Cures Act now allows small employers to set up HRAs independent of a group health plan. The sponsoring employer has some flexibility in how these stand-alone HRAs are designed and administered. Call us at Touchstone if we can help you to consider whether this would be a good fit for your company benefit program.
- Benefits Buzz, February 2017: #146334
- New Stand-alone HRA Option Available for Eligible Small Employers
- HRA Reimbursement Request Form #147642
Our library has added many new articles and substantial supporting resources to cover National Health Observances for each month of 2017. Several of these can be distributed, used as inserts to an employee newsletter or used as direct handouts while others can help you plan activities throughout the year to promote health and wellness initiatives.
- 2017 Live Well Planner (81 pages) #147629
- 2017 National Health Observances Monthly Calendar #147304
- 2017 National Health Observances #147303
This 25-page guide includes a brief description of each month’s observances, as well as links for further resources. It is comprised of the following pieces, which are also available separately:
- 2017 National Health Observances At-a-Glance #147308
- National Health Observances: January 2017 #147309
- National Health Observances: February 2017 #147310
- National Health Observances: March 2017 #147311
- National Health Observances: April 2017 #147312
- National Health Observances: May 2017 #147314
- National Health Observances: June 2017 #147316
- National Health Observances: July 2017 #147317
- National Health Observances: August 2017 #147318
- National Health Observances: September 2017 #147319
- National Health Observances: October 2017 #147320
- National Health Observances: November 2017 #147321
- National Health Observances: December 2017 #147322
- Live Well, Work Well Newsletter – February 2017: #146267
- Protect your Child from E-Cigarettes
- February: American Heart Month
- 3 Tips for Hosting a Safe Super Bowl Party
- Live Well, Work Well: Children’s Health: Furniture Safety #147741
MARCH 1st DEADLINE FOR MEDICARE PART D DISCLOSURES
Sponsors of group health plans have 60 days from the start of the plan year to file online disclosures to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. So, calendar year plans must file by March 1st. This article will help you prepare your submission.
- Compliance Bulletin: Medicare Part D Disclosures due by March 1, 2017 for Calendar Year Plans #117285
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS AND COVERAGE
The ACA has required provision of a Summary of Benefits and Coverage that meets particular requirements. If those regulations continue to apply, the template and accompanying 20-page guide will help you to prepare to compose an acceptable SBC for your covered health plan for open enrollment periods that begin on or after April 1, 2017.
- Template for Summary of Benefits and Coverage #147396
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage: Instruction Guide for Group Coverage #147398
MISCELLANEOUS HEALTH PLAN COMPLIANCE GUIDANCE
Here are a few new articles covering a range of health plan topics. The Uniform Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms can be especially helpful for benefits and HR staff, as well as employees who are confused by some of the terminology they encounter in health plan policies and summary plan descriptions.
- Benefits Insights: Summary of the 2016 Employer Health Benefits Annual Survey #147661
- Uniform Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms #147399
- ACA Compliance Bulletin: Federal Court Blocks ACA Section 1557 Non-Discrimination Rules #139530
HUMAN RESOURCES UPDATES
Our new additions focus on compensation and payroll, as well as a note on leave-sharing programs.
- Compliance Bulletin: 2017 Minimum Wage Rate Increases #147420
- HR Insights: Wage Compression #147287
- HR Brief: February 2017 #146366
- Stay Protected from Phone Tax Scams – 5 Red Flags to Avoid
- Employee Leave-Sharing and Donation Programs
STATE EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATES
Clarifications on laws covering sick time in Arizona and overtime in New York:
- Arizona: Voters Approve Earned Paid Sick Time – FINAL #147391
- New York: State Dept. of Labor Updates Overtime Salary Qualifications #147254